Sunday, September 1, 2013

And now... About my work

Work has been better. You know, having someone not as knowledgable in technical terms as a leader, really kinda ticks me off. But!!! I've play nice.

Few days ago, he asked for my feedback. I told him that he's too nice to the big asshole, instead of learning to reject him once in a while, unlike his predecessor.
But of course, I couldn't just call him a big loser. It's not even fair to him.

Had a couple of new co-workers, there's this new guy, who is kinda like me, but of course, not as logical and capable of survival skills like me. But I kinda appreciate his enthusiasm thou.
Yeah yeah, I call him something else behind his back, but then again, I kinda understand his background. Reminds me of myself when I was younger.
I started to keep myself in check, show him the ropes and try to guide, and groom him bit by bit.

There's many things about me, being a good and a bad person. But this dude makes me at least try to be nice and patient. I guess I've found a successor after all.

Yeah sometimes, the way he handle things, made me wanna call him a nutjob. But then again, he needs an opportunity to shine. There it is, right off the bat. I'm going easy on him. But starting tomorrow, he'll have to start to fend off the sharks.

I can't be there to help him forever.

One thing I can't stand is, him telling me that I should go for professional certificates. Unlike him, I prefer to really understand things than just to get certificates.

This is the part which I love about my job... uniquely challenging.
Even without attending the courses, I've written 2 guides so far. Even though it's rather basic, but still considered as bread'n'butter for malware analysis in our environment.

Meantime, I'll still try my best to guide him whenever I can. As for the rest, we all have a lot to learn from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment